Many people, who suffer injuries and disabilities as a result of taxi or truck accidents, are not aware of the guiding principles or the law that governs such accident compensation claims.
This article will help you to understand the basic entitlements in case you are involved in a taxi or a truck accident.
In case of a taxi or a truck accident in New South Wales (NSW), people who are injured are entitled to make a claim for compensation for their injuries and disabilities under the NSW Motor Accidents Compensation Scheme.
You are also entitled to receive compensation in case you were driving a taxi or a truck and the accident occurred was partly due to your own fault. In such a case, the amount of compensation is reduced, after taking into account your partial liability.
If you were working at the time of the accident, you may also be eligible to receive compensation under the NSW Workers Compensation Scheme.
This interrelationship between the Motor Accident Compensation Scheme and the Workers Compensation Scheme is a complex matter and we would advise you to seek proper legal guidance, in case you are involved in a car accident while working as a taxi or a truck driver.
We at Owen Hodge Lawyers will ensure that your compensation claim for taxi or truck accident is made within the specified time limits and that the evidence of your injuries is presented as strongly as possible.
Usually people injured in taxi or truck accidents, including taxi or truck drivers are entitled to receive compensation under the Motor Accident Compensation Scheme which includes:
- reimbursement of hospital, medical and rehabilitation expenses;
- compensation for any future medical expense in relation to injuries sustained in the accident;
- compensation for past economic loss, such as loss of wages while you were recovering from your injuries;
- compensation for future economic loss where your working life has been reduced as a result of your injuries;
- lump sum compensation, if you have suffered a permanent impairment as a result of your injuries; and
- lump sum compensation for your pain and suffering.
There are many components in an accident compensation claim process and our team of specialised and accredited lawyers will assist you in every step of the process to ensure that you obtain maximum compensation.