Owen Hodge Lawyers are accredited personal injury lawyers with significant practice to conduct compensation claims for the victims of fatal car accidents or for the family members involved with such fatalities.

Who Can Make a Claim?

Under Section 4 of the Compensation To Relatives Act 1897 (New South Wales Consolidated Acts), people who can make a claim for compensation are as follows:

  • Spouse or de facto partner of the deceased;
  • Brothers, sisters, half-brothers and half-sisters of the deceased;
  • Parents of the deceased; and/or
  • Children of the deceased.

What Compensation Can Be Received?

Compensation can be received in regard to a claim for:

  • Payment of any reasonable expense for the funeral or cremation of the deceased;
  • Hospital and medical expenses;
  • Compensation for the loss of financial support as a result of the death;
  • Compensation for any past economic loss on account of the accident; and
  • Compensation for any loss of services caused by the death, such as the care of young children.

Our personal injury lawyers at Owen Hodge will ensure that your case is put forward in the most effective manner, to attain the highest amount of compensation through negotiations and trial.

How Can We Help?

When grieving for the loss of you loved one, it is extremely difficult to comply with the required time limits and other requirements, to make a successful claim for the compensation.

We at Owen Hodge Lawyers, ensure that the accident is reported to the police within the stipulated time period. We also investigate and obtain the details of the vehicle and the driver who had caused such accident. Thereafter, we initiate your compensation claim process by lodging a ‘Motor Accidents Compensation to Relatives Claim Form’ within 6 months from the time of accident, ensuring that your compensation entitlements are protected.

We offer free consultations with our litigation team for better understanding of your case and assist you for the same.

To contact with our team of experts call us on 1800 770 780 today.

How can we help?

Fill out the form below and we’ll get in touch with you to discuss how we can help