Experienced immigration lawyers
Many of Owen Hodge’s Sydney lawyers are experienced Australian immigration lawyers. Our immigration solicitors assist individuals; whether you’re looking to come and work in Australia on an employer sponsored work visa, or through the skilled permanent migration program (check out our skilled visa points check). Or maybe you wish to apply for a family visa through your relationship with an Australian citizen or permanent resident. No matter which visa pathway you choose, it is important to obtain advice from a registered migration agent or immigration lawyer to make sure you have the best possible chance of success.
Our team can also provide business legal support to companies wishing to sponsor employees to work in Australia. We assess visa eligibility, plan immigration pathways and solutions, along with preparing and lodging visa applications, and liaising with the Department of Home Affairs on your behalf.
Our migration lawyers also advise corporate clients on their sponsor obligations. We can help with temporary and permanent residency internal company policies, visa compliance, and risk management for companies who employ foreign nationals as part of their workforce.
Our immigration attorneys can assist with the following Australian visas:
- Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482)
- Standard Business Sponsorships
- Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) visa (subclass 400)
- Employer Sponsored visa (subclass 186)
- Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 494)
- General Skilled Migration (189, 190 and 491 visas)
- Post Study Work Stream Visa (subclass 485)
- Temporary Graduate Visas (subclass 485)
- Partner Visas
- Prospective marriage visas
- NZ Citizen Family Relationship visas
- Child visas
- Parent visas
- Bridging Visa B applications
- Citizenship applications
Immigration lawyer consultations for individuals
Are you finding yourself wanting to stay in Australia, but don’t know where to start? It is easy to be overwhelmed by the amount of immigration information available, and that is why we are here to help.
Our immigration lawyers are happy to assist individuals who would like to know what their visa options are, but are confused by the amount of information and visa pathways available to them. During the consultation, we will discuss:
- temporary and permanent visa options that may be available to you;
- the general requirements for each visa;
- the differences between visa subclasses;
- the advantages and disadvantages of particular visa options.
For individuals who are interested in one particular visa and believe they are ready to apply, we will discuss the requirements of the visa in detail and assess your eligibility to apply for it.
Ad hoc lawyer immigration assistance
For individuals, aside from our general consultation service and preparing and lodging visa applications, we are also able to assist with ad hoc matters, for example:
- Australian citizens immigrating overseas who have Australian criminal history and require assistance with obtaining their Australian court records and police records;
- Advising on Australian citizenship law for Australian citizens who had dual nationality but were forced to renounce their other citizenship due to Australian citizenship laws at that time, and now wish to re-acquire their other citizenship.
Get in touch with us today to organise a consultation with one of our visa lawyers.
For more on immigration law, check out the Owen Hodge Lawyers blog. We regularly update it with information such as Frequently Asked Questions about Immigration Law, how long it takes to get a visa in Australia, requirements of a skilled migrant, among many other legal issues and updates.
Please refer to the Migration Agents Registration Authority’s code of conduct.
Here’s what our clients are saying
Immigration Team Review
Will definitely recommend Owen Hodge lawyers to those who need guidance and expert advice.
I worked with the Immigration team and they are very professional, honest and straight to the point….
I could not recommend Pamela enough!
My partner and I hired Pamela for our partner visa. Pamela is incredibly professional, hard-working, and made what would usually be a stressful process the complete opposite! No matter what question we had, Pamela explained everything in detail and didn’t keep us waiting for answers/updates. I could not recommend Pamela enough!
Very Professional Team
We had our permanent application done with them. Very professional team, Pamela, our lawyer, helped us a lot through the whole process until we get a positive outcome. I highly recommend their services for any visa application.
I highly recommend OHL!
I highly recommend OHL!! They are professional and very precise. I’m very thankful to have had the opportunity to leave Pamela responsible for my case.
I would definitely recommend OHL
I had an awesome experience at OHL and would definitely recommend it to everyone seeking legal services. The whole team was exceptional and Pamela is certainly a very dedicated and professional lawyer.