Reaching agreement on what assets are matrimonial property and how they are to be divided can be difficult. Our experienced family lawyers will provide you with specific advice of your entitlements pursuant to the Family Law Act 1975 and advise you on the best approach to take in obtaining your desired property settlement outcome. We pride ourselves in adopting a sensitive, strategic and commercial approach to all our family law financial matters and we are ready to assist you with any issue you may be facing.

Property settlement in a relationship breakup

How does property settlement work?

Property settlement can be conducted by consent, or in circumstances where consent is not possible, an outcome can be achieved by commencing court proceedings. Whether your matter involves the division of the family home, motor vehicle and funds in bank or your matter is more complex involving business ventures, trusts and self-managed superfunds, the family law team at Owen Hodge Lawyers can guide you through to the end.

If you are not sure what property is included as matrimonial property, whether the family trust is in or out and whether the business (or assets it owns) is at risk – call us today on 1800 770 780 and talk to the experts who understand property settlement, business and family law.

How can we help?

Fill out the form below and we’ll get in touch with you to discuss how we can help