Have you or anybody that you know been injured in a motor vehicle accident?

Owen Hodge’s team of motor vehicle accident lawyers in Sydney are able to help claim for the compensation that may be owed.

Many people who suffer injuries and disabilities as a result of motor accidents do not know or understand the law that governs motor accidents claims. If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, you may be entitled to substantial compensation if you obtain early legal advice to ensure that your potential interests are protected.

Our legal system is mainly an “at fault” system. Any person injured in a motor vehicle is entitled to compensation if the accident was the fault of another driver. However, there are some exceptions to such system if the accident is a blameless accident or in relation to young claimants aged 16 years or younger. Even if you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident which was caused by your own fault, you may be able to claim up to $5,000 for your treatment expenses and lost earnings if you submit a claim to your third party insurer within 28 days from the date of the accident.

Many people believe that the older they are, the more difficult it is to make a claim for compensation after suffering injury or disability resulting from an accident. This is not necessarily the case. Usually, the older a claimant is, the longer it takes for him/her to recover from the injuries he/she has sustained. Care assistance will be needed for older claimants. Injured people incorrectly perceive that they won’t be able to claim compensation because they have returned to work.  Exacerbation of injury/disability often occurs when injured people return to work and struggle with their job and if this happens they can claim a future loss of earning capacity in addition to their claim for past income loss.

To make a claim you need to:

  • Get the registration number of the vehicle that caused the accident;
  • Report the accident to the Police as soon as possible if they did not attend the scene of the accident and ask the Police for an event number;
  • Consult your GP about the injury you have suffered;
  • Get advice from a qualified and experienced vehicle accident lawyer who will assist you through the claims process as forms have to be completed and to be submitted to the relevant CTP insurer within 28 days from the date of the accident.

There are many components in a motor accidents claim and they are complicated to work out. Owen Hodge Lawyer’s team of specialised and accredited vehicle accident lawyers in Sydney will assist you every step in the process to ensure that you obtain maximum compensation. They will not charge you our fees unless they get you compensation, so call them on 1800 770 780.

How can we help?

Fill out the form below and we’ll get in touch with you to discuss how we can help