Employer Advice & Services
Owen Hodge’s employment lawyers in Sydney provide expert legal services including termination of employment to a diverse range of clients.
Employment law is the body of laws, administrative rulings, and precedents that address the legal rights and responsibilities of working people and their organisations. As such, it mediates many aspects of the relationship between trade unions, employers and employees.
Employment law is generally enforced by government agencies, and it is the role of employment lawyers to remain up to date and informed about the law and changes in the law.
The special circumstances, procedures and complexities particular to employment law warrant the inclusion of an experienced employment lawyer from the earliest opportunity should an issue arise.
Our Sydney-based employment lawyers can provide:
- Strategic advice in planning and managing employment contracts and issues;
- Assistance in avoiding, managing and resolving industrial disputes through advice or active representation in industrial negotiations and before relevant tribunals and courts;
- Quick practical advice about the application of relevant legislation, awards and agreements;
- Advice on the wide range of employment law issues.
- Advice on anti bullying policies and strategies.
When to hire an Employment Lawyer
If you are an individual or a corporate client contemplating whether or not you may need an employment lawyer, consider these employment lawyer services to help you decide.
- Advice on employment law and policies including anti-bullying strategies
- Assistance in avoiding, managing, and resolving industrial disputes
- Guidance for a termination of employment or an unfair dismissal
- Guidance in the case of whistleblowing, when concerns are elevated to those in power
- Information on human resources management and the law
- Practical advice for legislation, awards, and agreements
- Remuneration and compliancy strategies for an incident
- Strategic advice in planning and managing employment contracts and other documents
By consulting a lawyer for these services, you prepare yourself for some of the most sensitive issues where documentation may be scarce and disputes are common. At Owen Hodge Lawyers, we are familiar with changes in the law, we provide you with practical and sensible advice, and we work to ensure your satisfaction for any situation.
Why an Employment Lawyer is Critical
Employment law is complex and requires unique procedures that warrant hiring an experienced employment lawyer.
Issues must be managed correctly, and the right decisions must be made for effective outcomes. Whether you are an employer or an employee, it is critical to know and understand how to respond.
Hiring an experienced lawyer is the only way to manage serious employment situations. You should expect to receive advice and counsel on the following:
- Confidentiality, restraint of trade, and non-compete clauses
- Employment contracts
- Employment policy guidelines in the workplace
- Fair Work Australia claims
- How to manage claims for unfair dismissal or unlawful termination
- Negotiating for redundancy packages
While these are only some of the common subjects in which legal advice is helpful, employment lawyers are not limited in their ability to provide legal counsel and action for most any employment issue.
How to respond to an employment issue
If you are an employer or an employee with a situation where unlawful or unfair actions have taken place, document the incident the best you can, collect any essential evidence, and contact Owen Hodge’s employment lawyers in Sydney immediately.
With the right legal counsel, your employment law dispute may be resolved without ever going into a courtroom. Most of our cases can be negotiated, settled, or resolved with the least inconvenience to you, as you have likely already been involved in a stressful incident.
Seek professional services to help you assess your situation and work toward a positive outcome. Rely on legal advice from Owen Hodge Lawyers, with offices in two Australian locations. We listen to your case, identify your needs, and pair you with an expert lawyer for your unique employment law case. Call today: 1800 770 780.